About the Company
Join one of the most exciting companies in cannabis to be part of! Join a dynamic and passionate team, driving innovation in this emerging market. BLAZE is an early-stage technology startup that is designing the next generation of software for licensed cannabis operators serving cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers (dispensary and delivery businesses).
In less than 3 years BLAZE has picked up hundreds of customers in multiple states. BLAZE’s best-in-class ERP (enterprise resource planning) software enables companies of any size to streamline their entire business processes with legal compliance, inventory, customer, and supply chain management in one unified platform. Customers can rapidly deploy BLAZE technology with minimal risk, low cost, and maximum flexibility.
About Your Role
BLAZE, a leading ERP provider for the cannabis industry, is seeking a qualified Compliance Development Technician to assist our compliance team to oversee compliance tasks in development.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Development Technician will be an integral part of the BLAZE team. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional problem-solving skills, excel at prioritizing workloads, have solid attention to detail, with the ability to work well both as a team and independently.
Responsibilities will include the monitoring of compliance tasks development, authoring product spec documents to outline needed features to improve compliance, and preparing help-desk articles on compliance topics; requiring a detail-oriented individual with the ability to take initiative.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Tracking the development team’s progress on compliance tasks and helping communicate updates internally.
- Assisting with testing of new additions to the software, to assure our product is compliant and intuitive.
- Writing and updating instructional help-desk articles for clients to understand how to properly utilize BLAZE for optimal compliance.
- Monitoring industry news for regulatory developments as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Assisting the Compliance Manager in tracking State and Metrc compliance bulletins to make sure the team is aware of all upcoming changes in requirements that would relate to our software.
- Assisting the Compliance Manager in creating and updating product spec documents for our development team.
- Prepare reports and SOPs for management as needed.
- Help the Compliance Manager as we expand into new, global markets!
You are someone with attention to detail and a drive to succeed. You are interested in developing a career in the cannabis industry and technology compliance. You are comfortable on the phone or in person asking questions and getting results. You’re passionate about what you do, a self-starter, and looking to go above and beyond to win. Cannabis industry experience is preferred. If you have any experience with Metrc and/or BioTrack that is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or strong work experience
- Prior experience in ERP, payment processing, and/or SaaS technology
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and explain problems
- Familiar with SOP’s
- Experience working within a regulated industry
- Organized and self-sufficient
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for cannabis and technology
- Previous cannabis industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience with Metrc and/or BioTrack is preferred but not required
- Previous work experience in an early-stage company and knowledge of how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment
- Deep understanding of the cannabis industry and compliance
- Bilingual in Spanish
BLAZE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Benefits to Joining the BLAZE Team
- Remote location.
- A real chance to help shape the growing cannabis industry.
- Work with smart people in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, dental, vision, life, 401K and disability benefits.
Remote Work with Corporate offices are located in Newport Beach, CA.
Please send us your resume and why you think BLAZE is a fit for you: email@example.com