About the Company:
Join one of the most interesting companies in all of cannabis to be part of a dynamic and passionate team driving innovation in this emerging market. BLAZE Is a venture-backed technology startup that is designing the next generation of software for licensed cannabis operators serving cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers (dispensary and delivery businesses). In less than 3 years the company has picked up hundreds of customers in multiple states. BLAZE’s best in class ERP (enterprise resource planning) software enables companies of any size to streamline their entire business processes with legal compliance, inventory, customer, and supply chain management in one unified platform. Customers can rapidly deploy the BLAZE technology with minimal risk, low cost, and maximum flexibility.
Sales Director Job Description
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Director. The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Sales director responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships, and understanding customer trends. You will be responsible for working with the sales team to prospect and prioritize clients, pitch BLAZE products, close sales, and secure payment, and ensure ongoing client success (in partnership with other support teams).
You will be in charge of managing organizational sales by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with our marketing department on lead generation. You will also be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitating the ongoing training of your salespeople. The right person will be a strong people manager, have deep experience developing successful sales teams, and brings a track record of reliably delivering against revenue or other sales goals.
A Bachelor’s degree in business is required. To succeed in this role, you will need excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a sales team. The ideal candidate will possess a technology sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior sales representatives and engage with channel partners, integrators, and CxO level customers. They should be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop and execute a plan to consistently deliver on revenue targets.
Sales Director Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a high performing sales team
- Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue, and expense controls.
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings
- Meeting planned sales goals.
- Coach, Mentor, and provide feedback to team members
- Develop and maintain a strong channel sales approach
- Setting individual sales targets with the sales team.
- Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the team including recruiting, onboarding, and training new sales team members
- Promoting the organization and products.
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
- Ensure sales team complies with company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Drive performance culture in the sales organization
- Define clear KPIs to measure performance and report them regularly to leadership
Sales Director Requirements:
- 6+ years of combined software sales experience in an individual contributor and management role
- Must have a consistent track record of success, driving revenue growth against quota and increased profitability in the software industry
- Currently and successfully managing sales reps in a B2B software environment
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Ability to hire and train new sales associates
- Ability to provide accurate forecasting and pipeline development and management
- Ambitious, proactive with a passion to succeed
- A creative, out of the box problem solver
- Must be analytical and results-oriented through all stages of the sales cycle
- BA/BS degree required
- Cannabis experience is a plus but not required
- Must be experienced in maintaining detailed CRM records and system structure.
- Hubspot experience is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Remote work
- A chance to help shape the cannabis industry
- Work with smart people in a fast-paced environment
- A fun and engaged leadership team