If you’re looking for a predictable job at a big established company, you can stop reading now. If you’re interested in getting in on the ground floor of a rocket ship with proven entrepreneurs and technologists in the fastest growing industry in the world – Cannabis – keep reading!
About the Company:
Join one of the most interesting companies in all of cannabis to be part of a dynamic and passionate team driving innovation in this emerging market. BLAZE Is a venture-backed technology startup that is designing the next generation of software for licensed cannabis operators serving cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers (dispensary and delivery businesses). In less than 3 years the company has picked up hundreds of customers in multiple states. BLAZE’s best in class ERP (enterprise resource planning) software enables companies of any size to streamline their entire business processes with legal compliance, inventory, customer, and supply chain management in one unified platform. Customers can rapidly deploy the BLAZE technology with minimal risk, low cost, and maximum flexibility.
About The Role:
The Controller will design, build and manage a high performing accounting and finance department that can meet today’s demands and is also built for future growth. You’ll be tasked with developing a highly integrated, cross-functional full service finance team that executes against BLAZE’s goals.
- Financial Management: Manage Finance and Accounting functions ensuring all transactions are documented and recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Prepares and manages financial reporting (e.g. monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements), forecasting, planning, budgeting, analysis, cash management, payroll, procurement, and T&E.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal reporting requirements, and coordinate financial audits.
- Scale: Design an organizational structure that efficiently accomplishes the department’s goals and objectives. Identify, design, & implement systems, processes, internal controls, and policies that will scale with future growth.
- Talent: Hire and manage a team of exceptional performers.
- FP&A: Partner with functional areas on financial planning, forecasting and budgeting, reporting and identification of relevant key performance indicators (KPIs). Perform in-depth financial analysis, including analyzing margins, pricing, variances, and performance. Own financial model and perform ad-hoc scenario analysis as needed.
- Collaboration: Foster and manage strong collaborative relationships across the organization, and when appropriate, present to senior executives and the Board.
- Trusted Advisor: Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO and communicate risks and issues as they arise, along with recommendations on how to improve them.
- Leadership: Serve as a thought leader and role model for other employees by embodying our values and always acting with the highest integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Fundraising and M&A: Maintain relationships with existing investors and manage processes for future capital raises. Build pitch decks and financing models. “Roll up your sleeves” as necessary in both reporting and operational issues.
- Experience: 8+ years Accounting/Finance with 5+ years in a leadership role building teams in a high growth SaaS business.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Postgraduate qualification such as a MBA, CFA or CPA.
- Leadership: Proven ability to build and lead a team of high performers and instill a mindset of operational excellence that emphasizes execution.
- Accounting Expertise: Deep expertise of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- SaaS Experience: Experience building and executing a SaaS-based business model and deep understanding of relevant KPIs.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate and present complex ideas and information clearly, accurately, and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organization: Exceptional organization skills with the ability to navigate competing priorities to drive initiatives to completion in a fast paced environment.
- EQ: Emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong professional partnerships.
- Resolve: Proactive with the initiative to find information, solve problems, and get things done.
- Integrity: Possess unquestionable integrity managing confidential information.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package (Salary, Options, Bonus)
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Remote work
- A chance to help shape the cannabis industry
- Work with smart people in a fast-pace environment
- A fun and engaged leadership team
Please send us your resume and why you think BLAZE is a fit for you: firstname.lastname@example.org