Version 1.2 – updated 4-22-2020
This BLAZE™ Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) between BLAZE™ (“BLAZE™”, “us” or “we”) and users of
the BLAZE™ Retail Services (“you”) governs the use of the BLAZE™ Services under the provisions of
the BLAZE™ Terms of Service (the “Terms”).
Unless otherwise provided herein, this SLA is subject to the provisions of the Terms.
1. BLAZE™ Service Commitment: 99.5 % Uptime
BLAZE™ will use commercially reasonable efforts to make your BLAZE™ Services running in Dedicated
Environments available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.5 % during any monthly billing
cycle (the “Service Commitment”). Subject to the SLA Exclusions, if we do not meet the Service
Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit.
“Maintenance” means scheduled Unavailability of the BLAZE™ Services, as announced by us prior to the
Containerized Services becoming Unavailable.
“Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of minutes during
the month in which the BLAZE™ Services were Unavailable. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements
exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any SLA Exclusion.
“Service Credit” means a credit denominated in US dollars, calculated as set forth below, that we may
credit back to an eligible account.
“Unavailable” and “Unavailability” mean, for app services and databases, when your service or database
is not running or not reachable due to BLAZE™’s fault. This excludes (a) servers that are unreachable or
not running because the server’s provisioned resources (RAM, CPU, disk, as applicable) are insufficient;
and (b) members of a database cluster where the cluster as a whole is running and reachable.
3. Service Commitments and Service Credits
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges due on your BLAZE™ invoice for the
monthly billing cycle in which the Unavailability occurred, applied proportionally to the Services that
were Unavailable, in accordance with the schedule below:
• For Monthly Uptime Percentage less than 99.5 % but equal to or greater than 99.0%, you will be
eligible for a Service Credit of 10% of the charges attributable to the affected resources
• For Monthly Uptime Percentage less than 99.0%, you will be eligible for a Service Credit of 30%
of the charges attributable to the affected resources
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments for the Services otherwise due from you.
At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle
in which the Unavailability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment
from BLAZE™. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable
monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or
applied to any other account.
4. Sole Remedy
Unless otherwise provided in the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, nonperformance, or other failure by us to provide the Services is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in
accordance with the terms of this SLA.
5. Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To be eligible, the
credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident
occurred and must include:
• the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
• the dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
• the account handle(s); and
• logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or
sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service
Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in
which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as
required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
6. SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any Unavailability:
1. That results from a suspension or Remedial Action, as described in the Terms; or
2. Caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event, Internet
access, or problems beyond the demarcation point of the BLAZE™ network; or
3. That results from any actions or inactions of you or any third party (i.e., Weedmaps, Metrc,
BioTrac, etc.); or
4. That results from the equipment, software or other technology of you or any third party (other
than third party equipment within our direct control); or
5. That results from failures of BLAZE™ Services not attributable to Unavailability; or
6. That results from any Maintenance.
If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage
calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.